martes, 22 de enero de 2008

Embalse el Yeso – Cajón del Maipo Chile

El Yeso reservoir is a major source of drinking water for Santiago. To get there my brave sister Ana drove us in her jeep through REALLY narrow dirt paths, for around 30 minutes. We were starting to wonder if it was worth it until we spotted the breathtaking turquoise water. We were at 2.900m of altitude.


The beautiful view. People do windsurf and other water sports here. It is a gorgeous spot, but it is hard to reach unless you have a jeep or something similar.


You can get a sense of just how narrow the dirt path gets. It is specially terrifying because it is a two-way road, but only one car can fit in it. So every now and then you get an extension where you can wait for your right of way, but due to the many curves on the road you can't always see a car coming and eventually somebody will have to back up to let the other car go. Oh, did I mention that on one side of the path you have a mountain and on the other a deep, rough, precipice?


I am sorry... I have a beautiful country! The water temperature was cruel, though, I must say. 2 minutes and I couldn't feel my legs. Pure "cordillera" source!


A human wave, made of Lluch sisters with pedigree!


Gringo in the water, and frozen chilean.

No hay comentarios: